- All exhibitors agree to be bound by the Rules and Regulations of the Elizabethtown Fair.
- The Fair management reserves the right to amend and/or add to these Rules and Regulations as its judgments may determine.
- Reasonable care will be taken to protect all exhibits on display from injury and damage, but the Fair is not in any way, to be held responsible for accidents, loss or damage by water, fire, theft, or otherwise, whatever may be the cause or extent of the damage or loss.
- It shall be the responsibility of the exhibitor to make known the proper name of the article or breed of livestock he is entering. Any item entered improperly may be disqualified, but the judges will mark the correct name on the entry tag for the benefit of the owner so that the same mistake in entering need not be made a second time.
- Chairpersons of each department reserve the right to refuse any entry. Furthermore, the chairpersons reserve the right to bar from competition animals and/or products of decidedly inferior quality and those not possessing sufficient merit to warrant recognition. Chairpersons may limit the number of entries per exhibitor.
- During judging, buildings, except livestock arenas, are to be closed to everyone except Fair officials, judges, Pennsylvania Fair Fund officials and necessary attendants. No exhibitor or his agent shall communicate with the judge during judging except to answer questions proposed by the judges. Any exhibitor interfering with the judges shall forfeit any premium to which he would otherwise be entitled.
- Premiums, as listed, may be given for meritorious exhibits. In cases where there is no competition, judges may give an award such as they deem the exhibit is worthy to receive. The same rule applies where there are fewer entries in any class than the number of premiums offered. The judges may, at their discretion, award a ribbon or rosette.
- The Fair management may, at any time, order the removal of any exhibit or part of exhibit in bad condition, sick or unruly. The chairpersons must notify exhibitors of any exhibits that have become unfit. After having done so the chairperson may dispose of the exhibit at his discretion.
August 1st: Deadline for Livestock and Group Exhibit entries
August 19th: Deadline for Talent Show and Baby Race entries
August 19th: Deadline for Baby and Pet Photo entries
August 19th: Dead for 2×4 Woodworking Contest and Rebar Metalwork Contest
August 20th: Deadline for Coloring Contest
August 19 – 21: Please note new entry times for Competitive Exhibits
- Registration day schedules have changed. Please read carefully.
- Only Needlecraft (Dept. 18) and Art, Photography and Crafts (Dept. 19) entries will be accepted Saturday between 9:00am and 1:00pm and on Sunday between 4:00pm and 7:00pm.
- LEGOS or K’NEX will be accepted Sunday between 3:00pm and 7:00pm and Monday between 10:00am and 7:00pm. These entries will not be accepted on Saturday.
- All other competitive exhibit entries will be accepted Monday between 10:00am and 7:00pm.
- All competitive exhibitors must sign the entry form verification stating that they have read, understand and agree to abide by all rules established by the Fair.
- The Competitive Exhibit Hall will be open Tuesday at 4:30pm until 9:30pm, Wednesday through Friday at 12:00pm until 8:00pm, and Saturday from 10:00am until 5:00pm.
- Pick up day will be Sunday following the Fair. Exhibits must be picked up Sunday between 3:00pm and 6:00pm. In accordance with PA State Law, any exhibitor removing their exhibit prior to this time will forfeit their premiums and be barred from competing the following year.