In addition to competitive entries and animal competitions, there are a number of contests for all ages throughout the week.
Saturday, August 19
Baby Photo Contest (Voting will take place all week)
Pet Photo Contest (Voting will take place all week)
2×4 Woodworking Contest
Rebar Metalwork Contest
9:00am – 1:00pm
Competitive Exhibits received (Depts. 18 and 19, No LEGOs or KNEX)
Sunday, August 20
Deadline for Children’s Coloring Contest accepted at BIC Church
Monday, August 21 (Fair Opens)
10:00am – 7:00pm
ALL OTHER COMPETITIVE EXHIBITS (Except Depts. 18 and 19)
Angel Food Cake Contest
Best of Show Decorated Cake Contest
Blue Ribbon Apple Pie Contest
PA Preferred Chocolate Baking Contests
Chocolate Cake Contest
Mars Wrigley Confectionery Baking Contest
Poetry and Essay Contests
Drug Poster Contest
Holiday Ornament Contest
Fair Queen Competition
3-Legged Race (children)
Tuesday, August 22
Egg & Spoon Race (children)
Baby Race (August 19th noon deadline for entry)
Youth Skid Loader Rodeo
Talent Show (August 19th noon deadline for entry)
Adult Skid Loader Rodeo (children)
Sack Rack (children)
Wednesday, August 23 (Senior Citizens Day)
Registration for Senior King and Queen
Thursday, August 24
Sponge Race (children & senior citizens)
Mini Hay Bale Toss (children)
Friday, August 25
Pedal Power Tractor Pull (children and adults)
Saturday, August 26
Hay Bale Throwing Contest
Buck Shot Tournament (stage 2)
Corn Hole Tournament
Frog Jumping Contest
It is time once again for the annual Elizabethtown Fair Coloring Contest for children ages 4 to 10. Age divisions will be 4, 5-6, 7-8, and 9-10. Just color the picture and submit it at the Brethren in Christ Church on Saturday, August 19th between 9:00am and 1:00pm, or Sunday August 20th between 3:00pm and 7:00pm. Photocopies are acceptable, but enlargements will not be accepted. Ribbons will be awarded 1st through 5th place. Pictures will be displayed throughout the fair. All entries may be picked up Saturday, August 26th after 3:00pm. Winning entries will be mailed to their owners at the close of the fair. For more information call Bonnie at 717-940-7920.
Fair Queen Program
Are you a young girl who has dreamed of becoming the next Elizabethtown Fair Queen? Here is your opportunity! We are now accepting applications for our 50th Fair Anniversary Queen program. Interested applicants can view the Fair Queen requirements and apply below. Please contact Lia Swartz at firstname.lastname@example.org with any and all question.
The Fair Queen will reign for one year. During her reign she will participate in the Pennsylvania State Fair Queen Competition. The Fair Queen will also participate in Fair activities throughout the Fair week and represent the Fair at various functions during her reign. She will also recieve a premium scholarship for higher education.
New Contest Rules
Rebar Metalwork Contest
- Contest will be limited to exhibitors 18 years of age and older.
- Exhibitors can use one (1) 10-foot piece of one-half inch (1/2″) rebar, to be cut, forged, welded, bent or shaped to your liking. No other materials may be added.
- Entries may not be painted.
- The use of clear finish, glue and welding materials are permitted.
- Entry fee is $1.00.
- Entries will only be received at the Fair Office on Saturday August 19, between 9:00am and 12:00pm.
- The total weight of entry may not exceed 8 pounds.
- Call Matt at 717-580-5409 for information.
1st – $50.00
2nd – $30.00
3rd – $20.00
1. The race is open to babies ages 6-12 months old that can crawl but cannot yet walk.
2. A parent/guardian and one other adult chaperone must escort the baby to the race mat.
3. The two adult chaperones escorting the baby during the race are permitted to bring toys, bottles, binkies, and other items to help encourage the baby to crawl.
4. One adult chaperone will be positioned at each end of the mat and are not permitted to move or reach beyond their designated area during the race.
5. The baby that crawls from one side of the mat to the other the fastest is the winner and will receive the prize.
6. If no babies have crossed the finish line after 3 minutes, the baby that is closest to the finish line will be declared the winner.
7. If the baby walks at any time during the race, they are disqualified but we will join you in celebrating their first steps!
8. In addition to the race, we encourage racers to participate in the costume contest for the chance to win the “Best Dressed” prize. The theme for the costume contest is “Barnyard Animals.” A panel of judges will choose the winner based on creativity, adherence to theme, and overall presentation.
9. Participants must report to the race area no later than 20 minutes before the start of the race.
10. To obtain a registration form, email email@example.com . Completed forms must be emailed back by Noon Saturday, August 19, 2023. Walk-up registration will only be available if space permits.
11. Registrations will be accepted in the Fair Office Saturday, August 19, 2023, from 9:00 a.m. until Noon.
Baby Race Winner, Youth (ages 6-12 months) 1st – TBD
Baby Race Best Dressed, Youth (ages 6-12 months) 1st – TBD
(See Premium Book for Entry Form.)